Adding menu items
- Go to the “Menu” → press the chosen section or create additional.
- There is a field for adding a new menu item below the menu items list → Enter the name and price.
- Changes are saved automatically and the added menu item will appear on the menu.
A menu item without a price is not displayed in the menu on the website.
Editing menu items
1. Go to the “Menu” → “Edit details” next to the specified item.
2. You can make changes, among others for the following sections:
- Description – to determine e.g. product ingredients
- Size – to enter, for example, different sizes, types of products
See how to manage sizes
- Menu item labels – to add special functions to dishes, e.g. “New”, “Spicy”
See how to manage labels
- Other settings regarding product availability – to offer selected dishes on specific days or times
See how to manage product availability
- Half order – it is an option dedicated to pizzerias to enable the selection of different pizza halves
See how to configure product halves
- Comment – to add a comment to the product
- Recommend menu item – to display the most-bought products at the top of the menu
See how to configure the product recommendation option
- Additional costs – to specify the conditions when they will be calculated
- Loyalty program – to build customer loyalty
See how to configure loyalty program
- Tax value – to specify different tax rates for individual products or categories, this option is visible after enabling the “Taxes” module
See how to configure taxes
- Inventory management – to effectively monitor orders and manage inventory, thanks to this option you will reduce storage costs and improve the quality of your service
See how to manage product inventory.
3.Save your changes.
Adding menu items images
- Go to the “Menu” tab → choose the menu item for which you want to add a photo.
- Press “Add image” next to the product and upload images from your source. The changes will be saved automatically.
- Your menu items images are visible on your website.
We recommend a minimum pixel resolution 1200 x 900 pixels (4:3 image ratio).
If you upload bigger image (but with recommended image ratio) it will be scaled down automatically. Quality will be maintained.
If you upload smaller image (but with recommended image ratio) it will be scaled up automatically. Image may look blurry. NOT RECOMMENDED.
If you upload image with different image ratio it will be cropped automatically. Some parts of the image may no longer be visible. NOT RECOMMENDED. (You can choose if you want to crop images in CMS editor).
In UpMenu you have the possibility to filter products on your menu. It refers to the items of non-standard availability, e.g. half portions, recommended products, or available for a limited time.
Thanks to this function, you can easily analyze menus or make changes to the way specific items are displayed. It becomes useful in the case of managing extensive menus.
If your menu items photos are not displayed properly change a resolution of your images.
Changing resolution of menu items images
- Go to “Theme” and choose “Customize”.
- Click on “Menu items” and change “Image resolution” from “Compact” to a size of your preference.
- Press on “Save changes”.
- Refresh your UpMenu website and check if your menu items pictures appear in the way you desire. You can change image resolution at any moment.