Adyen provides a modern, end-to-end payment infrastructure and connects your business directly to payment card networks (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and others) and local payment methods around the world. Make the configuration on your website to offer your customers safe online payments.
Setting up an account in Adyen
- Go to the Adyen website and create an account to access the Customer Area, a dedicated area for managing your payments.
After creating an account, you will receive:
a.) A corporate account, YourCompany, that represents your business at Adyen.
b.) Merchant account, YourCompanyECOM, which represents the unit that processes payments and withdrawals of funds.
- Go to Customer Area → "Account" → "Users" and get your API key.
After generating the API Key, save it in a safe place. It is not possible to read it again later, only to generate a new API Key.
- Configure the appearance of the payment page, go to "Account" → select “Pay by Link”. This method means that for each payment a link will be generated and the customer will be redirected to the payment page operated by Adyen. You have the option of personalizing the appearance of the website.
- Complete the account setup.
- Go to "Account" → "Server Communication" → "Standard Communication" → Click "Add". Set up payment status notifications. In order to be informed of whether the payment was successful, it is necessary to inform Adyen to which address the notifications should be sent. It is also necessary to generate an HMAC key. It will be used for configuration in UpMenu, as it is used for signing notifications by Adyen. Remember to save it in a safe place, because after generating it, it will not be possible to display it again.
See detailed account setup in Adyen.
Installation in UpMenu
- Go to the “Restaurant” → “Payment Types” → turn “Online payments” on and then “Adyen”.
- Fill in the fields as appropriate:
Merchant account – merchant account name from Adyen (ending in ECOM)
API Key – Your API Key from Adyen
HMAC Key – Your HMAC Key generated when configuring notifications, used to verify that the received notifications come from Adyen.
- Save changes.
- When placing an order, customers will be able to choose online payment made by Adyen.