System updates and downtime handling
What to do as a customer when UpMenu is not available?
We monitor the UpMenu system 24/7/365 and it is available 99.9% of the time.
When UpMenu is unavailable, the IT department receives an automatic notification within several seconds and immediately begins to work on an issue.
What to do:
- Check the status of works on the website https://status.upmenu.com/
- There is no need for you to call or chat our CS team - the IT team is already working on solving the problem.
- Tell us about the problem if you do not see the status described on https://status.upmenu.com/
How often is the UpMenu system unavailable?
UpMenu is available 99.9% of the time.
You can check the status of our systems at https://status.upmenu.com/.
How do I know the system is unavailable?
When the system is unavailable, you will see this screen:
Why might UpMenu suffer a downtime and for how long?
UpMenu may not be available for two reasons:
We update the system practically every day (new functions, fixes, etc.).
Most updates do not affect availability but 2-4 / month we need to do a full system restart (we do it at night).
During the update, the system is unavailable for approx. 1 minute.
We do our best to keep the system available 99.9% of the time, but failures do occur (an extreme example of a downtime is a fire in the OVH data center where the entire center has burned down - such failures occur every dozen years).
Does UpMenu make backups and how often?
Yes, we constantly backup all data to keep your data safe.
How do we secure backups against their loss?
We make many different copies of data and store them in different places around the world to additionally protect it against absolutely extreme accidents (fires, earthquakes, etc.)
As an UpMenu customer, do I have to back up my data or my account?
No. UpMenu is a professional and comprehensive platform. The subject of backup is on our side.
Note: Data that you delete using the panel level (e.g. you delete your menu) are not restored (before deleting each data, the system asks for confirmation of such an operation)
At UpMenu, we care about security on many levels:
- Servers - UpMenu uses professional and secure OVH data centers - one of the largest providers of server infrastructure in the world.
- SSL certificates - All websites and all communication with UpMenu is secured with SSL certificates (the pages have https address)
- Personal data anonymization - In the UpMenu panel you can decide how long you keep your data (e.g. personal data of your customers)
- GDPR - In the UpMenu panel you can set all clauses and regulations to make your website compliant with the GDPR. Read more.